Thursday, March 25, 2010

My life,in this world

My maid told me of an incident that happened in her village a couple of years ago.It was shocking and so terrible.
A minor girl,around 16 or 17,was gang-raped.She became pregnant,and her family practically abandoned her,because of the shame that she had supposedly brought onto them.She lived poorly,wandering alone,and ran away from her house.Due to depression,she became mentally ill.She was raped again,while she was still pregnant.She committed suicide.
It was so horrible listening to this.I can't even imagine the pain that she must have gone through.Will power and self confidence are very nice lofty words to say...how could she have practiced it?What belief had she left in this world?

Just some thoughts on it.Its very cold and gory.May she rest in peace.To all those women who have to bring a part of their being into life in this horrible cruel world,because of circumstances they can do nothing about.

how do I bring my life into this world?
where even your own blood can kill?
its such a cruel hell
I have no words

how do I explain to this life
why daddy may not come home one night?
that the thunder and stormy skies
are not the only things to be frightened of

how do I match my eyes with the innocence of my life?
with the sins I have committed
and while regret will haunt me to eternity?

how do I guide my life
through this space of hatred and murder
knowing so well that one shot
could kill so many lives

I lay in my own pool of blood
and wonder how long my life will survive after me
how long my life will live through this shame of mine
so I let my breath spool out of me
my life will die within me
and yet it will live better than in this life,
in this world

1 comment:

Rutuja S. said...

This is so sad, so painful. I hope this never,ever repeats itself. God bless her soul.