Thursday, October 23, 2008

ode to friends

this was a poem id written AGES(ok. 4 years back) back for a friend.im putting it up now.for another friend,just so she knows,shes not alone.
this is definitely not poem material,i know that.but what im trying to say is that in watever you do,you need support.a lot of people are not strong enough to take criticism without some support.an entire world can crumble,because there arent enough peopl you can trust.but you can make someone's world,simply by being there.


Have you ever noticed,
That i'm the girl sitting next to you
Have you ever bothered
To know what i'm going through?
Wishes,dreams and desires
Bottled deep in me
Feelings and emotions that no one ever thought to see
It's a big world out there
And everyone's in the race to compete.
It's a dangerous world out there,
Survival is not an easy feat.
I was always taken for granted,
Nobody took me on easy.
But there was always someone in me
Who really longed to be free.
Maybe,its not you,
Maybe the faults are in me.
I guess i might have been too shy
To let out my feelings and cry.
I don't beg to be noticed
But i plead you to understand
Do try to see what i'm going through.
I bet you never felt so alone
That you wanted to scream.
I bet you never felt so forlorn
That you had to cry yourself to sleep.
Life isn't easy
For those who lose.
But please give me a try
Don't give up on me so soon.
Wear my shoes
And see the world from my point of view.
Understand,please,of what i see.
And i will try to tell you who i am
As you walk along
Hand in hand beside me.

No comments: