Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stranger


the amber time of day
and dusk in the thoughts of my mind
lonesome me and a lonesome room to return to...
I had had a bad day.
arguing with the crowded silence 
on the streets that led me home,
battling with the shrouded ignorance
the world never moves wrong.
and then I saw you
nothing special,nothing bright.
just another lonesome wandering body 
out on the pavement,
under the street light
confused,I stopped
who likes company when they're down and out?
for you stared in the distance
lost look in your eyes.
seemingly, conspiracy had plotted with the universe.
yet you threw me a glance
a smile with it chaperoned.
and patted the empty distance next to you,
nodding at the bench.
so I approached
hesitant and apprehensive.
what did I have to lose
moments of warm companionship for a long tired day were more than I bargained for.
there we sat for an hour or two
just you and I in complete solitude.
the clock ticked by,
I didn't know.
people passed,
some threw us a second glance :
"just another quarelling young couple.
they'll find peace in a while".
broken in my reverie,
I got up and shook the dust.
gave a final smile to the man 
I wouldn't forget in this life.
walking away before I knew it was too late to turn back
I felt mysterious tranquility and sedation,
comfort in emotion.
love,friendship and life were again in contemplated perspective.
strangeness is strange
how there's much to share in silence with a stranger.

No comments: