Thursday, September 9, 2010

On complete irresponsibilty

Today,I shall feel free to do what I have seldom done before - remove my anger through the written word.
Through the years,the importance of time has been a virtue that I've striven hard to inculcate - through the example of other important figures in my life and through what I have observed.
It's not merely about time management or punctuality.Keeping time in consideration while doing something reflects a lot on who you are and your social behaviour.
Keeping someone waiting is simply not acceptable,especially so when you have no plausible cause or reason for it.Everyone has mobile phones these days and firing away a text message or making a short call takes barely ten seconds if your an efficient and regular user of your handy mobiles.Pity is,if you cannot do that much to inform a person who is waiting for you,it reflects rather poorly on who you are.
When any situation calls for team efforts,a single person taking collective responsibility is immature and stupid on the part of other team members.It reflects lack on interest and seriousness.Don't get me wrong here.I'm not against leadership.A leader guides,but should in no way do the work of others under his wing.
  Today,I was pissed off.Genuinely irritated to the point of breakdown.I stood in the rain for my team members to arrive.They conveniently forgot,had lectures and could not complete work assigned to them and did not even have the courtesy to reply to my messages and calls asking about their whereabouts.Stranded in a pathetic situation.This is not a post of self-pity.Its anger.Because noone gives a damn,and right now my life is pretty much centred around it.If there was ever a time I felt like lifting my heavy bag full of books and a water bottle and hitting it on acquaintances and friends,it was today.

No comments: